Samples & How to Guide
Kitchen Manager Resume Example & Guide
- Kitchen Manager Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Kitchen Manager resume
Zipjob is a member of:
A Kitchen Manager oversees all kitchen activities and staff. A general job description is found below:
A kitchen manager keeps the “back of the house” and kitchen of a restaurant running smoothly and efficiently. A kitchen manager can be in charge of a kitchen in a number of settings such as a restaurant, hotel, cruise ship, or nursing home. One of the kitchen manager’s responsibilities is ensuring food quality. There are many regulations regarding the storage and cooking of food, and it is their job to ensure that standards are met. Kitchen managers are also obligated to ensure that sanitation standards are met.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Kitchen Manager Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Kitchen Manager Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Kitchen Manager Professional
A dynamic, results-oriented Kitchen Manager and offering focused leadership to drive sales and profitability in highly competitive markets. Noted for outstanding communications skills, both with guests and staff; ability to resolve problems quickly and equitably to ensure satisfied customers and happy employees. Consistently achieve performance goals through enthusiasm, tenacity and initiative. Manager with the ability to motivate staff members and turn under-producing teams into record-breaking units. Well organized with a track record that demonstrates self-motivation, perseverance and the creativity to achieve both personal and corporate goals.
- Team Building
- Kitchen Management
- Cost Control
- Facilities Management
- Staff Training
- Guest Relations
- Safety Awareness
- Quality Assurance
- P&L Management
- Oversaw and coordinated the operations and management of the kitchen team for a catering service through proper training and supervision.
- Supervised phases of food procurement, production and service, inventory and ordering, food storage and rotation, food preparation, recipe adherence, plate presentation, and service and production time standards.
- Provided routine food safety reviews and made sure all sanitation and food safety standards were met while correcting any deficiencies on a timely basis.
- Conducted daily line checks and delivered clear feedback to the kitchen team and management while enforcing uniform and personal grooming standards in compliance with company policy.
- Ensured food quality standards and adhered to special client request specifications.
- Effectively hired, trained, and supervised employees in food preparation, sales, and customer service.
- Updated and maintained inventories of food and kitchen equipment and supplies; assisted in timely stock ordering from vendors and suppliers.
- Responsible for sales and answering customer questions related to food storage and preparation.
- Assisted in supervising employees in creative food preparation, assembly, and presentation; performed customer service and sales duties.
- Assisted in maintaining inventory levels and ordering.
- Chosen to train for management position.
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Kitchen Manager Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Kitchen Manager resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Kitchen Manager below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for a Kitchen Manager Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Kitchen Manager resume example for more information!
A great resume has between 10 and 15 years’ experience represented. This way, your resume will stay relevant and focused on your most compelling work experience.
Formatting a Kitchen Manager Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Kitchen Manager Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. Soft skills are harder to quantify. Some examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence.
You can include hard skills in your core competencies section. However, soft skills require more information to help employers gauge your aptitude. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Kitchen Manager Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed. Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To help your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience. Here are three tips:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is a common behavioral interview question, so it’s an impressive way to answer interview questions preemptively.
- Limit yourself to between four and six bullet points for each position. This will help you include only the most relevant information!
- Make small edits to your resume every time you apply for a job. In the resume writing world, this is called tailoring your resume. Make sure your skills and experience are the answer to every job description.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!