Samples & How to Guide
Accountant Manager Resume Example & Guide
- Accountant Manager Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Accountant Manager resume
Zipjob is a member of:
An Accountant Manager oversees the accounting team and function in an organization. Below is a general job description:
In most businesses, an accounting manager develops and implements systems for gathering, analyzing, verifying, and reporting certain types of financial information. Typically, an accounting manager is a part of a larger group (or managerial staff) that includes other mid-level business managers.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Accountant Manager Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Accountant Manager Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Accountant Manager Professional
A highly motivated Financial/Accounting Manager with demonstrated experience in providing exceptional service to key clients significantly increasing productivity while ensuring accurate documentation and reporting. Team leader, motivator and trainer, able to handle a heavy workload through organization, prioritization, accountability, and implementation of best practices in the office. Excellent communicator and presenter who works well with individuals at all levels of a corporation to help them understand, analyze and draw conclusions from financial data. Superior technical skills with the ability to integrate technology to increase accuracy and efficiency of accounting practices.
- Project Management
- Accounts Payable
- Technical Analysis
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Reconciliation
- Process Improvement
- Team Leadership
- Financial Statements
- Ensured accurate and efficient accounting while managing all financial aspects of the daily operations.
- Created and implemented numerous systems within the financial department that significantly increased productivity, accuracy and the efficiency of accounting practices.
- Analyzed problems as the arose and developed strategic solutions.
- Analyzed/interpreted complex data and provided detailed financial reporting for the executive team.
- Responsible for budget oversight and managing the payroll.
- Managed the overall the financial operations of all companies and properties and ensured all requirements, payments for mortgages, taxes, maintenance, insurance premiums, etc. are accurately managed and reported.
- Oversaw the complex business operations including financial management of the property and maintaining financial reports.
- Handled sensitive complaints and grievances effectively and confidentiality to ensure prompt resolution
- Managed the AP/AR and weekly billing; followed-up on collections and general ledger postings.
- Responsible for all cash disbursements, journal entries, bank reconciliations, and credit cards accounts.
- Developed monthly closing statements/developed policies and procedures to improve the efficiency of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other accounting tasks
- Increased efficiency of payroll management by developing a procedure for organizing and maintaining payroll records for hourly and salaried employees; maintained record of absent and tardy employees daily.
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Accountant Manager Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Accountant Manager resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Accountant Manager below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for an Accountant Manager Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Accountant Manager resume example for more information!
A great mid to late career resume has between 10 and 15 years’ experience represented. This way, your resume will stay focused on your most compelling work experience.
Formatting an Accountant Manager Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Accountant Manager Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your aptitude. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Accountant Manager Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format. it’s also a great chance for you to organize your key accomplishments.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your LInkedIn profile is up to date and include your URL in your resume’s contact section.
- Always include a cover letter. Not everyone will bother, so it helps you look like a serious job applicant. It’s also your chance to introduce yourself: who you are, why you’re applying for this job, and how you want to proceed.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!