Samples & How to Guide
Customer Service Supervisor Resume Example & Guide
- Customer Service Supervisor Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Customer Service Supervisor resume
Zipjob is a member of:
A Customer Service Supervisor oversees customer service representatives in a call center setting. Below is a general job description:
The customer service supervisor is responsible for overall customer service and customer satisfaction. The customer service supervisor must effectively lead and motivate their team of junior customer service representatives, as well as provide employees with performance feedback, proper training, and guidance. A key aspect of this role is effectively leading the team and ensuring all customer service needs are met in a timely manner. The customer service supervisor must be familiar with the company’s products/services and the customers that are served. Customer communications is a regular part of this position.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Customer Service Supervisor Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Customer Service Supervisor Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Customer Service Supervisor Professional
Talented Customer Service Supervisor highly regarded for improving team performance on customer service metrics and SLA delivery. Able to motivate teams and coach underperforming individuals into management potential. Proactive, energetic and a master troubleshooter with a sharp focus on developing and implementing process improvements to drive company growth and technical innovation. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a strong work ethic and the ability to effectively handle pressure without compromising quality service.
- Customer Service
- Performance Management
- Technical Expertise
- Crisis Resolution
- Team Leadership
- Managed 4 Customer Service Account Managers and 20+ Customer Service Reps.
- Handled daily customer service calls and all escalated issues.
- Assigned and Monitored weekly/monthly income quotas.
- Developed training materials and implemented training schedules.
- Analyzed and reported departmental income, business trends and employee statistics on a weekly basis.
- Screened and hired all new employees for the department.
- Worked closely with other departments within the company to ensure proper handling of customer service issues.
- Achieved “Best in Quest” recognition for all corporate metrics including First Call Resolution, Average Speed of Answer, Call Quality, Capture Rate and Service Factor
- Established individual productivity and quality metrics to compliment corporate-specific metrics
- Created and implemented competitive customer service program (Fantasy Customer Service) which resulted in improved employee engagement and customer satisfaction scores
- Successfully integrated dispatch into customer service from logistics
- Successfully collaborated with the sales department for client on-boarding and training in-services for clients, resulting in more effective and efficient on-boarding and improved client satisfaction and loyalty
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Customer Service Supervisor Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Customer Service Supervisor resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Customer Service Supervisor below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for a Customer Service Supervisor Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Customer Service Supervisor resume example for more information!
Effective leadership and executive resumes use soft skills to showcase leadership skills. Your resume should include specific examples of motivating, empowering, or training people to accomplish a result.
Formatting a Customer Service Supervisor Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Customer Service Supervisor Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your aptitude. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Customer Service Supervisor Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format. it’s also a great chance for you to organize your key accomplishments.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your LInkedIn profile is up to date and include your URL in your resume’s contact section.
- Always include a cover letter. Not everyone will bother, so it helps you look like a serious job applicant. It’s also your chance to introduce yourself: who you are, why you’re applying for this job, and how you want to proceed.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!