Samples & How to Guide
Full Charge Bookkeeper Resume Example & Guide
- Full Charge Bookkeeper Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Full Charge Bookkeeper resume
Zipjob is a member of:
A Full Charge Bookkeeper is in charge of all bookkeeping activities for a company. Below is a general job description:
Full charge bookkeepers are responsible for full-cycle accounting, which requires an ability to juggle several organizational tasks at once. Their responsibilities include managing all aspects of general ledger, accounts receivable, and accounts payable, as well as handling payroll information, credit card statements, and cash flow. They may also be called upon for various other miscellaneous duties.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Full Charge Bookkeeper Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Full Charge Bookkeeper Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Full Charge Bookkeeper Professional
A highly talented Bookkeeping professional with demonstrated experience in maintaining highly complicated business transactions of the Company and performing accounting functions with expertise. Superior analytical skills with expertise in payroll, financial statements, bank reconciliation, and general bookkeeping. Provides consulting and analysis to discover problems, opportunities and risks to increase efficiency, working alongside CPAs and managing accounting team members to ensure company financials are positioned and managed in accordance with best practices. Excellent communicator, presenter and works well with individuals at all levels of a corporation. Ability to integrate technology and best practices to increase accuracy and efficiency of Company practices.
- Accounts Payable
- Vendor Billing
- Balance Sheet
- Accounts Receivable
- Account Reconciliation
- Data Management
- P&L Analysis
- Cash Flow Projections
- Financial Statements
- Prepared journals, monthly accruals and general ledger reconciliations with extreme accuracy.
- Managed revenue recognition and ensured compliance with contractual terms and conditions.
- Prepared and reconciled unearned revenue and accrued revenue schedules.
- Maintained asset register; reviewed expenditure accounts and identify asset acquisitions.
- Reconciled fixed asset subsidiary ledger to general ledger.
- Prepared monthly plan vs. actual variance analysis report for grants as required by the Chief Financial Controller; identify and investigate the differences.
- Reconciled multiple bank accounts.
- Prepared and lodged monthly BAS returns.
- Performed numerous projects for the CFO: prepared lease incentive schedule; prepare FBT return & company tax return for subsidiary.
- Reconciled cash, checks and credit card charges to daily sales by location, d daily cash deposits to Quickbooks, daily credit card batches to Quickbooks.
- Prepared deposit slips daily.
- Answered calls for accounting issues from vendors and customers.
- Assist Bookkeeper as necessary.
- Performed any other duties that may be delegated by the Bookkeeper and VP of Finance.
- Managed financial transactions and financial statements with strict attention to detail.
- Coded and processed suppliers’ invoices
- Prepared weekly payments runs.
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Full Charge Bookkeeper Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Full Charge Bookkeeper resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Full Charge Bookkeeper below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for a Full Charge Bookkeeper Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Full Charge Bookkeeper resume example for more information!
Since resumes are mostly text, numbers really stand out to a hiring manager. Adding metrics, percentages, and quantities to your resume will help translate your past experience into future value.
Formatting a Full Charge Bookkeeper Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Full Charge Bookkeeper Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your aptitude. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Full Charge Bookkeeper Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format. it’s also a great chance for you to organize your key accomplishments.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your LInkedIn profile is up to date and include your URL in your resume’s contact section.
- Always include a cover letter. Not everyone will bother, so it helps you look like a serious job applicant. It’s also your chance to introduce yourself: who you are, why you’re applying for this job, and how you want to proceed.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!