Samples & How to Guide
Roofer Resume Example & Guide
- Roofer Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Roofer resume
Zipjob is a member of:
Roofers build, maintain, and repair roofs. Below is a general job description:
Roofers may work in commercial and residential settings to assess, repair, or build roofs. A roofer must be able to perform accurate, occasionally intricate work, as well as be able to work safely. A roofer generally works either for a general construction company or for one that specializes in working with the construction and repair of roofs specifically.
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Roofer Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Roofer Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Dynamic, accomplished Roofer highly regarded for ability to manage properties, construction sites, and logistics to exceed all company goals. Out-of-the-box thinker with exceptional interpersonal skills, effectively understanding needs and delivering outstanding projects on time and under budget. Sought for ability to perform in deadline-driven, fast-paced environments while under heavy workloads. Proven expertise in business development, relationship building, inventory management, safety management, and more. Recognized for strong team leadership capacity with experience working in a team environment, able to collaborate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Problem Resolution
- Cost Savings
- Team Leadership
- Trained and supervised roofers in certified apprenticeship programs.
- Repaired and restored roofing of antique and historical buildings.
- Scheduled and attended pre-planning sessions with general contractors.
- Conducted intense safety trainings, minimizing worksite accidents.
- Inspected problem roofs to determine the best repair procedures.
- Submitted accurate monthly billings based on contract requirements.
- Fastened composition shingles and sheets to roof with asphalt, cement and nails.
- Coordinated work schedules with clients and subcontractors, informing construction manager of all changes in the schedule.
- Trained and oversaw individuals in roofing system installations.
- Applied gravel and pebbles over top layer, using rake and stiff-bristled broom.
- Effectively communicated with clients in person and through phone and email.
- Designated and managed material staging areas.
- Supported construction manager with materials, schedule and cost information.
- Removed snow, water and debris from roofs prior to applying roofing materials.
- Expanded knowledge of roofing materials, techniques and cost effectiveness.
- Precisely cut felt, shingles, and strips of flashing to fit angles formed by walls, vents and intersecting roof surfaces.
- Coordinated safety and construction equipment orders with purchasing manager.
- Restored roofing on [Number]-year-old building, seamlessly integrating modern materials into antique look.
- Installed high quality roofing systems in the safest and most cost effective manner.
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Roofer Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Roofer resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Roofer below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for a Roofer Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Roofer resume example for more information!
Always start with your most recent positions at the top of your resume. This is called reverse-chronological format, and keeps your most relevant information easy for hiring managers to review.
Formatting a Roofer Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Roofer Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your aptitude. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Roofer Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format. it’s also a great chance for you to organize your key accomplishments.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your LInkedIn profile is up to date and include your URL in your resume’s contact section.
- Always include a cover letter. Not everyone will bother, so it helps you look like a serious job applicant. It’s also your chance to introduce yourself: who you are, why you’re applying for this job, and how you want to proceed.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!